S. M. Rayhanul Islam
B.Sc (Hons.), M.Sc (RU)
Department of Mathematics
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 37
- His name is S. M. RAYHANUL ISLAM. He received the B.Sc. degree (Four Years) in Mathematics from the University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi, Bangladesh in 2009 and the M.Sc. degree in Applied Mathematics from the University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi, Bangladesh in 2010. He was a Lecturer in the department of Mathematics at Pabna University of Science & Technology (PUST), Bangladesh, for two years. He is currently an Assistant Professor in the department of Mathematics at Pabna University of Science & Technology (PUST), Bangladesh. He has received the A. F. MUGIBUR RAHMAN FOUNDATION AWARD (Gold Medal and Scholarship) for master degree from University of Rajshahi in 2010. Also he has received research project award from University Grants Commission (UGC). He has published many International Journal articles and Conference papers. His research interests cover the Investigation of optical and soliton solutions of the nonlinear PDEs and time-fractional PDEs, Nonlinear dynamics in optics and fluids and Mathematical Physics.
- M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics in 2010 from University of Rajshahi (RU), Rajshahi-6205, Bangladesh.
- B.Sc. in Mathematics in 2009 from University of Rajshahi (RU), Rajshahi-6205, Bangladesh.
- Higher Secondary Certificate (H.S.C.) Examination in 2004 from Badalgachi Govt. Degree College, Badalgachi, Naogaon, Bangladesh.
- Secondary School Certificate (H.S.C.) Examination in 2002 from Badalgachi pilot High School, Badalgachi, Naogaon, Bangladesh.
Teaching Experience (2)
- Assistant Professor of Mathematics from 01.09.2015 to till now in Department of Mathematics at Pabna University of Science & Technology (PUST), Bangladesh.
- Lecturer of Mathematics from 01.09.2013 to 31.08.2015 in Department of Mathematics at Pabna University of Science & Technology (PUST), Bangladesh.
Administrative or Other Experience (4)
- To complete the lectures at The 17th International Advanced School on Wind and Structural Engineering from 30 Aug to 01 Sep, 2019, Beijing, China. Organizer of IAS17 (Beijing Jiaotong University and Chongqing University)
- Assistant Proctor (01-07-2018 to 31-08-2018), Pabna University of Science and Technology (PUST), Pabna-6600, Bangladesh.
- Founder President, Badalgachi Students Welfare Association (BSWA), University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi. Bangladesh.
- Honorable Life Time Member of Badalgachi Students Welfare Association (BSWA), University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi. Bangladesh.
Research Interests (3)
- Mathematical Physics
- Nonlinear dynamics in optics and fluids
- Investigation of optical and soliton solutions of the nonlinear PDEs and time-fractional PDEs
Active Research Project (2)
- [2022-2023] The agreement between the novel exact and numerical solutions of the nonlinear models, Ministry of Science and Technology, Bangladesh.
- [2022-2023] Diverse soliton solutions to the nonlinear models by using different techniques, University Grand Commission grant at PUST, Bangladesh.
Awards & Recognition (19)
- Journal of Mathematics (Hindaw)
- Acta Mechanica et Automatica
- Applied Sciences (MDPI)
- Optical and Quantum Electronics (Elsevier)
- Symmetry (MDPI)
- Mathematics (MDPI)
- Heliyon (Elsevier)
- Journal of Ocean Engineering and Sciences (Elsevier)
- Waves in Random and Complex Media (Taylor and Francis)
- European Physical Journal Plus (Springer)
- Physica Scripta (IOP Science)
- International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics (Science PG)
- American Journal of Applied Mathematics (Science PG)
- American Journal of Applied Sciences (Science Publications)
- Life Time Member, Bangladesh Mathematical Society, Dhaka, Bangladesh. ID.: আ 973.
- ‘Gold Medal & Scholarship- 2012’ by THE A. F. MUGIBUR RAHMAN FOUNDATION AWARD, DHAKA for the M. Sc. Results.
- ‘Gold Medal-2010’ by SHAH MUKHDUM HALL, UNIVERSITY OF RAJSHAHI for the B. Sc. Results, University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
- ‘Honorable Award-2013’ by BADALGACHI STUDENTS WALFARE ASSOCIATION, University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi. Bangladesh.
- ‘Achievement Award-2014’ by the ABDUL KHALEK MEMORIAL TRUST, Naogaon.
Journal Articles (36)
-  Islam SMR, Basak US. On traveling wave solutions with bifurcation analysis for the nonlinear potential Kadomtsev-Petviashvili and Calogero–Degasperis equations. 2023; 8: 100561. (Scopus) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.padiff.2023.100561
-  Islam S. M. R., Ahmed H, Wang H, Akbar M. A., Khan K., Awad F. A., Ismail E. A. A. (2023): Stability analysis, phase plane analysis and isolated soliton solution to LGH equation in mathematical physics. Open Phys. (SCIE) IF.: 1.9 (Accepted).
-  Islam SMR, Khan K, Akbar MA. Optical soliton solutions, bifurcation, and stability analysis of the Chen-Lee-Liu model, Results Phys. 51: 106620. (SCI, IF.: 5.3) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rinp.2023.106620
-  Islam SMR, Arafat SMY, Wang HF. Abundant closed-form wave solutions to the simplified modified Camassa-Holm equation. J Ocean Engi Sci. 8(3): 238-245. (Scopus, SCIE, ESCI), IF:-4.803 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joes.2022.01.012
-  Akbulut A, Islam S.M.R., Arafat SMY, Tascan F. A novel scheme for SMCH equation with two different approaches, Comput. Methods Differ. Equ. 11(2): 263-280. (ESCI, Scopus) DOI:10.22034/cmde.2022.50363.2093
-  Khan, K., MUDALIAR, R.K., Islam, S.M.R. Traveling waves in two distinct equations: the (1+1)-dimensional cKdV-mKdV equation and the sinh-Gordon equation. Int J Appl Comput Math., 9: 21. (Scopus) https://doi.org/10.1007/s40819-023-01503-9
-  Arafat, S.M.Y., Islam, S.M.R., Rahman, M.M., Saklayen, M.A. On nonlinear optical solitons of fractional Biswas-Arshed Model with beta derivative. Results Phys., 48; 106426. (SCI, IF.: 4.565) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rinp.2023.106426
-  Arafat S.M.Y., Fatema K., Islam S.M.R., Islam M.E., Akbar M.A., Osman M.S. The mathematical and wave profile analysis of the Maccari system in nonlinear physical phenomena, Opt. Quant. Electron. 55: 136. (SCI, IF: 2.794) https://doi.org/10.1007/s11082-022-04391-3
-  Arafat S. M. Y., Khan K, Islam S. M. R., Rahman M. M. Parametric effects on paraxial nonlinear Schrodinger equation in Kerr media, Chinese Journal of Physics. 83: 361-378 (SCI) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cjph.2022.08.026 IF: 3.957
-  Bashar M. H, Inc M, Islam S. M. R., Mahmoud K. H., Akbar M. A. Soliton solutions and fractional effects to the time fractional modified equal width equation, Alex Eng J, 61, 12539–12547. (SCI) IF: 6.626 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aej.2022.06.047
-  Islam S. M. R., Kumar D, Islam M. E., Akbar M. A. Parametric effect on soliton with stability analysis on a model in mathematical physics, (Submitted).
-  Islam S. M. R., Khan S, Arafat S.M.Y, Akbar M. A. Diverse analytical wave solutions of plasma physics and water wave equations, Results Phys. 40: 105834. (SCI, SCIE) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rinp.2022.105834 IF: 4.576.
-  Arafat S. M. Y., Fatema K, Islam S. M. R., Islam M. E., Akbar M. A. Analyze wave profile with mathematical analysis of Maccari system in nonlinear optics (Submitted).
-  Islam S. M. R., Bashar M. H. Soliton solutions to the (3+1)-dimensional KP and BA models using advanced exp(-ϕ(ξ))-expansion scheme in mathematical physics, Ganit J BGD Math Soci. (Submitted).
-  Akbulut A, Islam S. M. R. Study on the Biswas–Arshed Equation With the Beta Time Derivative, Int J Appl Comput Math. 8: 167. (Scopus, ZbMath) https://doi.org/10.1007/s40819-022-01350-0
-  Bashar M. H, Arafat S. M. Y., Islam S. M. R., Islam S, Rahman M. M. Extraction of some optical solutions to the (2+1)-dimensional Kundu–Mukherjee–Naskar equation by two efficient approaches, Partial Differ. Equ. Appl. Math. 6: 100404. (Scopus) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.padiff.2022.100404
-  Islam S.M.R., Kumar D, Fendzi-Donfack E, Inc M. Impacts of nonlinearity and wave dispersion parameters on the soliton pulses of the (2+1)-dimensional Kundu-Mukherjee-Naskar equation, Revista Mexicana de Fisica, 68: 061301. (Scopus, SCIE), IF:- 1.701, ( https://doi.org/10.31349/RevMexFis.68.061301).
-  Islam SMR, Wang HF. Some analytical soliton solutions of the nonlinear evolution equations, J Ocean Engi Sci. (In Press) (Scopus, SCIE, ESCI), IF:-4.803. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joes.2022.05.013
-  Bashar MH, Arafat SMY, Islam SMR, Rahman MM. Wave solutions of the couple Drinfel'd–Sokolov–Wilson equation: new wave solutions and free parameters effect, J Ocean Eng Sci, (In Press) (Scopus SCIE, ESCI), IF.: 4.803 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joes.2022.05.003.
-  Islam SMR et al. Effect of the free parameters to the Biswas-Arshed model with unified technique, Chinese J Phys. 1-14. (Scopus, SCI, SCIE) IF: 3.237 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cjph.2022.04.022
-  Arafat SMY, Islam SMR, Bashar MH. Influence of the Free Parameters and Obtained Wave Solutions from CBS Equation, Int J Appl Comput Math., 8; 99. (Scopus, zb Math) https://doi.org/10.1007/s40819-022-01295-4
-  Islam SMR, Akbulut A, Arafat SMY. Exact solutions of the different dimensional CBS equations in mathematical physics. Partial Differential Equations Appl Math. 5: 100320. (Scopus) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.padiff.2022.100320
-  Akbulut A, Islam SMR, Rezazadeh H, Tascan F. Obtaining exact solutions of nonlinear partial differential equations via two differential methods. Int J Mod Phys B. 36(5): 2250041. (Scopus, SCI, SCIE), IF:-1.219. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0217979222500412,
-  Islam SMR, Bashar MH, Muhammad N. Immeasurable soliton solutions and enhanced (G'/G)-expansion method. J Phys open. 100086 (Scopus). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physo.2021.100086
-  Bashar MH, Islam SMR, Kumar D. Construction of traveling wave solutions of the (2+1)-dimensional Heisenberg ferromagnetic spin chain equation. Partial Differential Equations in Applied Mathematics. 4: 100040. (Scopus) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.padiff.2021.100040
- Bashar MH, Islam SMR, Exact solutions to the (2+1)-Dimensional Heisenberg ferromagnetic spin chain equation by using modified simple equation and improve F-expansion methods, Physics Open, 5(2020), 100017 (Scopus).
- Islam S. M. R., Khan K. and Woadud K. M. Abdul Al (2017): Analytical Studies on the Benney-Luke Equation in Mathematical Physics, Waves in Random and Complex Media, DOI: 10.1080/17455030.2017.1342880, SCI, SCI E, Scopus, IF-3.223.
- Islam S. M. R., Khan K. and Akbar M. A. (2015): Exact solutions of unsteady Korteweg-de Vries and time regularized long wave equations, Springer Plus, 4:124. DOI 10.1186/s40064-015-0893-y, Scopus, IF-0.982.
- Khan K., Akbar M. A. and Islam S. M. R. (2014): Exact solutions for (1 + 1)-dimensional nonlinear dispersive modified Benjamin-Bona-Mahony equation and coupled Klein-Gordon equations, Springer Plus, 3: 724. doi:10.1186/2193-1801-3-724, Scopus, IF-0.982.
- Islam S. M. R., Khan K. and Akbar M. A. (2014): Study of exp(-Φ(ξ))-expansion Method for Solving Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, British Journal of Mathematics and Computer science, 5(3): 397-407.
- Islam S. M. R. (2015): The Traveling Wave Solutions of the Cubic Nonlinear Schrodinger Equation Using the Enhanced (G^'/G)-Expansion Method, World Applied Sciences Journal, 33(4): 659-667.
- Islam S. M. R. (2015): Applications of the exp(-Φ(ξ))-expansion Method to Find Exact Traveling Wave Solutions of the Benney-Luke Equations in Mathematical Physics, American Journal of Applied Mathematics, 3(3): 100-105.
- Islam S. M. R. (2015): Application of an Enhanced (G^'/G)-Expansion Method to Find Exact Solutions of Nonlinear PDEs in Particle Physics, American Journal of Applied Sciences, 12(11): 836-846.
- Islam S. M. R., Ali M. S., Islam M. S., Khan K., (2016): Traveling Wave Solutions for the Foam Drainage Equation and the Enhanced (G’/G)-Expansion Method, International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology 4 (8), 426-431.
- Ghosh B.C. , Islam S. M. R., Mamun A. H. M. M.,(2015): Empirical Evidence of Climate Change: Effects on Rice Production in Bangladesh, International Journal of Geology, Agriculture and Environmental Sciences 3(1), 1-6.
- Mamun A. H. M. M., Ghosh B.C., Islam S. M. R., (2015): Climate change and rice yield in Bangladesh: A micro regional analysis of time series data, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications 5(2), 1.
Conference Proceedings (1)
- Islam S. M. R., Khan. K. and Akbar M. A. (2015): The Enhanced (G'/G)-Expansion Method Applied to the Coupled (1+1)-Dimensional Broer-Kaup Equations, 1st International Conference on Mathematics and its Applications. Mathematics Discipline, Science Engineering and Technology School, Khulna University, Khulna-9208, Bangladesh.
Conducted Courses (5)
- Aerodynamics and Geophysical Fluid Dynamics (M. Sc.)
- Quantum Mechanics and Differential Geometry (4th Year)
- Hydrodynamics, Astronomy, Mathematical Methods and Numerical Analysis and Math Lab-III (3rd Year)
- Partial Differential Equations, Tensor Analysis, Programming with C and Practical, Complex Variable and Ordinary Differential Equations (2nd Year)
- Basic Algebra and Trigonometry, Geometry of Three Dimensions, Differential & Integral Calculus, Trigonometry, Vector and Geometry (1st Year)
Graduate Supervision (2)
- Student ID.: 140345, Afrin Akter Priya (Co Supervisor)
- S. M. Fahim Faysal, Student ID.: 090350; Session-2008-2009 (Completed). Thesis Title is “Enhanced (G^'/G)-Expansion Method to Find Exact Travelling Wave Solutions of New Coupled Konno-Oono Equation”.