Md. Ashrafuzzaman Pramanik
BURP (KU), MSc in EESI (KTH, Sweden), PhD (ongoing in JU)
Department of Urban and Regional Planning
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 18
Teaching Experience (1)
- Assistant Professor: 25 September 2013 - till date; Lecturer: 18 September 2011 - 24 September 2013
Administrative or Other Experience (4)
- Chairman (September 2015-February 2018), Dept. of Urban and Regional Planning, Pabna University of Science and Technology (PUST), Pabna.
- Chairman (September 2013-March 2014), Dept. of Geography, Environment and Urban Planning, Pabna University of Science and Technology (PUST), Pabna.
- Urban Planner (July 2009-August 2011), Master Plan Project by Local Government Engineering Department (LGED).
- Junior Consultant (March 2008-June 2009), Junior Consultant (Environment & Resettlement), Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Projects.
Research Interests (1)
- Transportation Planning, Urban Planning, Environmental Planning and Management
Previous Research Project (1)
- Project Title: Low Carbon City Planning and Development in Bangladesh-a case study on Dhaka City Corporation
External Affiliation (1)
- Membership: Bangladesh Institute of Planners (BIP); Bangladesh Paribesh Andolon (BAPA)
Journal Articles (14)
- Pramanik, M.A., Rahman, M. S. U and Fahim, A.U. 2023. Travel behavior characteristics of informal public mode users: A case study of E-rickshaw users of Rangpur city corporation (RpCC) in Bangladesh, Advances in Transportation Studies: an international Journal, ISSN: 1824-5463.
- Pramanik, M. A. and Rahman, M. S. U. 2021. Understanding the Paratransit and Intermediate Public Transport (IPT) Services in Rangpur City of Bangladesh: The Case on E-rickshaws. Journal of Bangladesh Institute of Planners (JBIP), Vol. 13, pp. 89-110, ISSN 2075-9363.
- Pramanik, M. A. and Rahman, M. S. U. 2020. Operational characteristics of paratransit in medium-sized city: a case study on E-rickshaws in Rangpur City, Bangladesh. Journal of Bangladesh Institute of Planers (JBIP), vol 12, pp. 45-62, ISSN 2075-9363.
- Pramanik, M. A., Prothan, J.I. and Munir, M. 2018. Challenges of Low Carbon City Planning due to Emissions from Brick Kilns: A Case Study on Dhaka City of Bangladesh. Journal of Bangladesh Institute of Planers (JBIP), vol 9, pp. 45-62, ISSN 2075-9363.
- Chakma, M., Rana, S. and Pramanik, M.A. 2018. Prediction and analysis the causes of increasing an illegal e-taxi in Bangladesh municipalities: A case study of Pabna municipality. International Journal of Crowd Science, Vol. 2 No. 3, 2018, pp. 178-197, Emerald Publishing Limited, ISSN: 2398-7294, DOI 10.1108/IJCS-06-2018-0010.
- Prothan, J.I. Islam,M., Rahman, A., and Pramanik, M. A., 2018. Transportation System Analysis at the Major Road Intersection in the CBD Area of Rangpur City, Bangladesh. International Journal of Transportation Engineering and Technology, ISSN: 2575-1751, doi: 10.11648/j.ijtet.20170304.15.
- Rahman, A., Prothan, J.I., Islam, M., Pramanik, M.A. 2018. Parking Provision for CBD Area of Pabna Town in Bangladesh. European Journal of Engineering Research and Science Vol. 2, No. 9.
- Pramanik, M.A., Rahman, M.M. 2013. Urban Water Supply Network Analysis: A Case Study on Pabna Municipality, Bangladesh. International Journal of Advanced Research, Volume 1, Issue 8, 121-126 , ISSN: 2320-5407.
- Pramanik, M.A. Khalid, A. Rahman, M.M, 2013. Drainage Management Plan for the Municipalities of Bangladesh: a case study on Nilphamari Muncipality. Pabna University of Science and Technology Studies Journal. Vol. 4 (1). pp 29-37. ISSN: 2308-6246.
- Pramanik, A., Rahman, M., Tanu, T.A., and Rahman, M. 2012. “Land use pattern and environmental impact of Pabna Municipality in Bangladesh,” Int. J. Soc. Dev. Inf. Syst. 3(5): An online Journal of “G-Science Implementation and Publication” Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Pramanik, A. 2011. ‘A Challenge towards Sustainable Municipal Solid Waste Management: a case study on Nilphamari and Thakurgaon Municipalities in Bangladesh’, WasteSafe 2011, ISBN: 978-984-33-2705-5, pp. 72 (1-8).
- Rahman, N. and Pramanik, A. 2010. Infrastructure Development and It’s Impact on Forestry Resources in Bangladesh, Bangladesh Paribesh Andolon (BAPA), ISBN: 978-984-33-0954-9, pp. 285-295.
- Pramanik A. 2009. ‘Climate Change and Health Risk Assessments in context of Bangladesh’, Environment and our Existence, Northern University Bangladesh, Dhaka, pp. 33-36.
- Pramanik, A. 2007. ‘Provision for Sanitation in Low Income Urban Areas: A case study on Dhaka, Bangladesh’, Department of Urban Planning and Environment, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm,
Conference Proceedings (4)
- Rahman, M.S.U., Pramanik, M. A. 2021. Paratransit Services in a Medium-size City: Users’ Satisfaction about Easybikes in Rangpur City, Bangladesh, Proceedings of the International Conference on Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies (EASTS). 12-15 September 2021, Hiroshima, Japan.
- Pramanik, M. A. 2017. Effects of Salinity on South-west Coastal Livelihood of Bangladesh. Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Water and Flood Management (ICWFM-2017), IWFM, BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Pramanik, M.A. 2017. Climate Change Induced Disaster: Adaptation and Management Strategies in Coastal Areas of Bangladesh. Proceedings of International Conference on Planning, Architecture and Civil Engineering, 9 - 11 February 2017, Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology, Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
- Pramanik, M.A. 2016. ‘Effects of Shrimp Cultivation on Livelihood of Coastal Communities in Bangladesh’ Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Bangladesh Environment (ICBEN-4), BAPA-BEN.
Conducted Courses (1)
- URP 4210: Environmental Planning and Management Lab; URP 4209: Environmental Planning and Management; URP 4205: Urban and Regional Economics; URP 4104: Project Planning and Management Lab; URP 4103: Project Planning and Management; URP 4000: Project/Thesis; URP 3208: Geographic Information System (GIS) Lab; URP 3107: Geographic Information System (GIS); URP 3211: Research Methodology; URP 3208: Transportation Planning Lab; URP 3207: Transportation Planning; CE 3107: Transportation Engineering; URP 3103: Housing and Real Estate Development; URP 2202: Urban Planning Techniques Lab; URP 2201: Urban Planning Techniques; URP 2101: Urban Planning Principles; URP 1101: Introduction to Urban and Regional Planning.
Graduate Supervision (7)
- GIS based Suitability Analysis for Solid Waste Disposal Site Selection in a City of Bangladesh: a case study on Rangpur City (Student ID: 131702 & 131719).
- Socio-economic Impact Assessment due to emissions from Brick-Kilns: a case study on Ramnathpur Union under Badarganj Upazila in Ranpur (Student ID: 131724).
- District Highway Geometric Features Analysis in Bangladesh: a case study on Chittagong to Rangamati Highway (Student ID: 131732).
- Traffic and Transportation Management Plan for Central Business District (CBD) Area of Rangpur City in Bangladesh (Student ID: 121711).
- Parking Demand Analysis for an Urban Area: a case study on CBD Area of Pabna Municipality (Student ID: 121714).
- Land Suitability Analysis for Potential Recreational Parks at Rangpur City in Bangladesh (Student ID: 121723).
- Accessibility of Municipal Service Facilities in a Secondary Town of Bangladesh: a case study of Meherpur Municipality (Student ID: 121728).