Md. Kamrul Hasan
BURP, KUET; P.hD, PUST (Ongoing)
Department of Urban and Regional Planning
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 11
Teaching Experience (2)
- Lecturer, From April 1, 2017 to October 31, 2019
- Assistant Professor, From November 1, 2019 to Present
Administrative or Other Experience (1)
- Chairman, Department of URP, From June 01, 2022 - Present
Research Interests (1)
- Disaster Management and Mitigation Planning, Environmental Planning and Management, Urban and Rural Governance, Transportation Planning
Active Research Project (1)
- Assessment of Local Governance using Local Governance Self Assessment Method: A Study on Bhangura Union, Pabna, Bangladesh Funded by: UGC
Previous Research Project (3)
- Service Facilities and Spatial Development: A Study on Rangpur City Corporation Area, Bangladesh, Funded by UGC
- Urbanization trend Analysis in Pabna Municipality: Evaluation of Socio-economic Impact of Urbanization, Funded by UGC
- Earthquake Vulnerability Assessment of Ward no 27 in Dhaka South City Corporation using Rapid Visual Screening Method, Funded by UGC
External Affiliation (1)
- Member of Bangladesh Institutes of Planners Member ID - 1138
Journal Articles (10)
- Podder, M., Hasan, M.K., Islam, M.J., 2022.Seismic Vulnerability Assessment of Existing buildings by Rapid Visual Screening Method: A Study on Ward 27 in Dhaka South City Corporation. International Journal of Disaster Risk Management, Vol. 04, Issue. 2, doi: https://doi.org/10.18485/ijdrm.2022.4.2.5
- Hasan, MD. Kamrul., Shimu, S. A., Tabassum, M. (2021). Service facilities and spatial development: A study on Rangpur City Corporation Area, Bangladesh. The Indonesian Journal of Planning and Development, 6(2), 67-75. doi:10.14710/ijpd.6.2.67-75.
- Aktar, M. A., Shohani, K., Hasan,M.N., Hasan, M.K., 2021. Flood Vulnerability Assessment by Flood Vulnerability Index (FVI) Method: A Study on Sirajganj Sadar Upazila. International Journal of Disaster Risk Management, Vol. 03, Issue. 1, doi: https://doi.org/10.18485/ijdrm.2021.3.1.1.
- Marufuzzaman, M., Khanam, M.M., Hasan, M.K., 2021. Monitoring the Land Cover Change and Its Impact on the Land Surface Temperature of Rajshahi City, Bangladesh using GIS and Remote Sensing Techniques. JJournal of Geography, Environment and Earth Science International, Vol. 25, Issue. 4, doi: 10.9734/JGEESI/2021/v25i430278.
- Hasan, M.K., Hossain, M.T., Kobra, K.M., 2019. Analysis of Urbanization Trend and Its Impact on Pabna Municipality. Asian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 10, Issue. 9, pp. 10149-10153
- Hasan, M.K., Siddika, A., Hossain, M.T., 2019. Rural Growth Center Identification Using Index Method: A Study On Rangpur Union, Dumuria Upazila, Bangladesh. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, Vol. 8, Issue. 4, pp. 85-92.
- Marufuzzaman, M., Khanam,M.M., Hasan, M.K., 2019. Exploring the Impact of Urban Growth on Surface Waterbody Area Loss in Khulna City using GIS Techniques. Journal of Remote Sensing and GIS, Vol. 8, Issue. 2, doi: 10.4172/2469-4134.1000262.
- Roy,T.K., Hasan, M.K., Hossain, M.S. 2015. Planning Intervention for Flood Control and Risk Management in Chilmari Upazila of Kurigram District. Journal of Bangladesh Institute of Planners, vol.8,pp. 111-121, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Hossain, M. T., & Hasan, M. K. (2019). Speed Analysis Approach to Evaluate Traffic Congestion in Pabna Town. Urban and Regional Planning, 4(1), 39-47. Doi: 10.11648/j.urp.20190401.14
- Hossain, T., M., & Hasan, K., M. (2019). Assessment of Traffic Congestion by Traffic Flow Analysis in Pabna Town. American Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering, 4(3), 75-81. Doi: 10.11648/j.ajtte.20190403.11
Conference Proceedings (1)
- • Roy,T.K., Hasan, M.K.,Hossain, M.S. 2015.Planning intervention for flood control and risk management in ChilmariUpazila, Kurigram, Bangladesh. Paper presented at Proceeding of 3rdInternational Conference onCivil Engineering for Sustainable Development, Khulna University of Engineering & Technology, Khulna, Bangladesh, 07-09 February 2020. ISBN: 978-984-34-0265-3
Conducted Courses (1)
- 1. Remote Sensing and Aerial Photo Interpretation 2. Disaster Management and Mitigation Planning 3. Urban Governance 4. Statistics for Planners 5. Ecosystem and Biodiversity 6. Regional Development Planning 7. Construction Technology and Materials 8. History of Human Settlements Development 9. Principles of Environmental Engineering 10. Computer Applications in Planning-Lab 11. Coastal and Spatial Zones Planning 12. Social and Physical Surveys- Lab