Md Asaduzzaman Shobug
M.Sc. in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (RUET, Rajshahi, Bangladesh), B.Sc. in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (RUET, Rajshahi, Bangladesh)
Assistant Professor (On Study Leave)
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 15
- Md Asaduzzaman Shobug was born in Sirajganj, a district city in Bangladesh, on January 1, 1991. Md Asaduzzaman Shobug completed his Masters's Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Rajshahi University of Engineering and Technology, Rajshahi, Bangladesh, in 2019. Md Asaduzzaman Shobug completed his Bachelor's degree in Electrical and Electrical Engineering from the same university in 2013. He passed S.S.C and H.S.C examinations under the Rajshahi education board in 2006 and 2008, respectively. He has been working as a faculty member in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering department at Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna, Bangladesh, since 2014 till now. He is a graduate student member of IEEE and completed his tenure as an advisor for the IEEE PUST Student Branch for 2021–2102. His current research interest’s center around the power system, Renewable Energy, Smart Grid, Control systems, Photonics and SPR sensors. He is an associate member of the Institute of Engineers Bangladesh (IEB) and is actively associated with several voluntary and humanitarian organizations.
- S.S.C (Rajshahi Board) Result: Grade: A+, G.P.A: 5.00 (5.00)
- H.S.C (Rajshahi Board) Result: Grade: A+, G.P.A: 5.00 (5.00)
- B.Sc. in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE), RUET, Rajshahi, Bangladesh. Result: CGPA- 3.87 (4.00) (First Class First [4.00 (4.00)] in Last Two Semester)
- M.Sc. in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE), RUET, Rajshahi, Bangladesh. Result: CGPA- 3.92 (4.00)
Teaching Experience (3)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE), Pabna University of Science & Technology (PUST), Pabna, Bangladesh from 25th November 2016.
- Lecturer, Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE), Pabna University of Science & Technology (PUST), Pabna, Bangladesh from 25th November 2014 to 24th November 2016.
- Lecturer, Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE), European University of Bangladesh (EUB), Dhaka, Bangladesh from 1st September 2014 to 24th November 2014.
Administrative or Other Experience (3)
- Advisor, IEEE PUST Student Branch, 2021-2022
- Assistant Proctor, December 2017- October 2019
- Treasurer, EEE Samity, December 2014- December 2016, Department of EEE, PUST
Research Interests (8)
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Power Electronic Converter
- Smart Grid Technology
- Energy Storage System
- Distributed Generation
- Power System Control
- Photonic Sensor
- SPR Sensor
Previous Research Project (3)
- Harmonic Distortion Reduction of Single Phase Transformer less Inverter Output Voltage using Five Level Inverter and LCL Filter
- Augmentation of LVRT Capability Enhancement During 3-L-G Fault of DFIG-based Wind Turbines Using Modified Updated Bridge type Fault Current Limiter
- Identifying Key Factors and Building Prediction Model for Population Growth in Bangladesh using Data Mining
External Affiliation (5)
- Member, Self assessment Committee, Dept. of EEE, IQAC, PUST
- Member, Testing & Consultation, Dept. of EEE, PUST
- Member, Board of Undergraduate Studies, Dept. of EEE, PUST
- Associate Member, Institutions of Engineers Bangladesh (IEB)
- • Graduate Student Member, IEEE Bangladesh Section
Awards & Recognition (3)
- University Merit Scholarship (at all eight semesters of undergraduate study)
- Rajshahi Education Board Scholarship for Higher Secondary Certificate Examination
- Rajshahi Education Board Scholarship for Secondary School Certificate Examination
Journal Articles (8)
- M. A. Islam et al., "Design and Analysis of GO Coated High Sensitive Tunable SPR Sensor for OATR Spectroscopic Biosensing Applications," in IEEE Access, vol. 10, pp. 103496-103508, 2022, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2022.3211099.
- A.H.M.Iftekharul Ferdous, Md.Shamim Anower, Ahmmad Musha, Md. Ahasan Habib, Md Asaduzzaman Shobug, “A heptagonal PCF-based oil sensor to detect fuel adulteration using terahertz spectrum”, Sensing and Bio-Sensing Research, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbsr.2022.100485
- Shezan Arefin, Md. Fatin Ishraque, Liton Chandra Paul, Md Rasel Sarkar, Md Masud Rana, Moslem Uddin, Mohammad Belayet Hossain, Md Asaduzzaman Shobug, Md. Imran Hossain, "Assortment of Dispatch Strategies with the Optimization of an Islanded Hybrid Microgrid", Accepted for Publication MIST international Journal of Science and Technology, 2022.
- Rosni Sayed, Md Asaduzzaman Shobug, A.S.M. Badrudduza, “Performance Analysis of Diversity Combining Techniques over Rayleigh Fading SIMO Multicasting Wireless Network”, Scholars Journal of Engineering and Technology (SJET), Sch.J.Eng.Tech.,2016;4(10):489-499 , ISSN: 2321-435X (online), 2347-9523 (print), DOI: 10.21276/sjet.2016.4.10.4
- Rosni Sayed, Md Asaduzzaman Shobug, “Wireless Multicasting with Diversity Combining Techniques”, IOSR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering (IOSR-JECE),.Volume 11, Issue 5, Ver. I (Sep.-Oct .2016), PP 103-109, ISSN: 2278-2834 (Online), 2278-8735(Print), DOI: 10.9790/2834-110501103109
- Md Asaduzzaman Shobug, Rosni Sayed, A.H.M Iftekharul Ferdous, “Characterization of Hexagonal Photonic Crystal Fiber for Zero Flattened Dispersion with Lower Confinement Loss and Residual Dispersion Compensation Over 500 nm Wavelength Bandwidth”, IOSR Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IOSR-JEEE) , Volume 11, Issue 4 Ver. IV (Jul. Aug. 2016), PP 19-24, ISSN: 2278-1676 (Online), 2320-3331(Print), DOI: 10.9790/1676-1104041924
- A.H.M Iftekharul Ferdous, T. H. M. Sumon Rashid, Md Asaduzzaman Shobug, Tanveer Ahmed, Nitol Kumar Dutta, “Onshore Nuclear Power Plant Concept with Enhanced Passive Safety System: Bangladesh Perspective”, European Journal of Engineering Research and Science (EJERS),Vol.4,No.6, June2019, ISSN: 2736-576X (Online) DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.24018/ejers.2019.4.6.1403
- Md Asaduzzaman Shobug, Md. Niaz Imtiaz, Emran Khandker, “Dispersion Flattened Large Negative Hybrid Photonic Crystal Fiber with Low Confinement Loss”, American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER), Volume-5, Issue-10, pp-367-372, ISSN: 2320-0847 (Online) , 2320-0936 (Print)
Conference Proceedings (7)
- M. A. Shobug and M. R. I. Sheikh, "Fault Management in DFIG Based Wind Turbine Using Sophisticated Advanced Solid State Fault Current Limiter," 2020 IEEE Region 10 Symposium (TENSYMP), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2020, pp. 1660-1663, doi: 10.1109/TENSYMP50017.2020.9230722.
- E. E. Ahsan, M. A. Shobug, M. M. H. Tanim and M. H. Reza, "Harmonic Distortion Reduction of Transformerless Inverter’s Output Voltage Using 5-Level Single-Phase Inverter and LCL Filter," 2020 2nd International Conference on Advanced Information and Communication Technology (ICAICT), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2020, pp. 251-256, doi: 10.1109/ICAICT51780.2020.9333510.
- M. H. Reza and M. A. Shobug, "Efficiency Evaluation of P&O MPPT Technique used for Maximum Power Extraction from Solar Photovoltaic System," 2020 IEEE Region 10 Symposium (TENSYMP), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2020, pp. 1808-1811, doi: 10.1109/TENSYMP50017.2020.9230810.
- M. M. Hasan Tanim, M. Feroz Ali, M. A. Shobug and S. Abedin, "Analysis of Various types of Possible Fault and Consequences in VVER-1200 using PCTRAN," 2020 International Conference for Emerging Technology (INCET), Belgaum, India, 2020, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/INCET49848.2020.9153969.
- Tanim M.M.H., Ali M.F., Shobug M.A., Mamun A.A. (2021) Analysis of the Impacts on Power Flow After Introducing Renewable Energy Source in a Power System with HVDC Line. In: Gupta O.H., Sood V.K. (eds) Recent Advances in Power Systems. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, vol 699. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-7994-3_36
- A. H. M. I. Ferdous, M. R. I. Sheikh and M. A. Shobug, "Controlling of frequency fluctuation of wind turbine generator using wind speed controlled pitch controller," 2016 2nd International Conference on Electrical, Computer & Telecommunication Engineering (ICECTE), Rajshahi, 2016, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/ICECTE.2016.7879619.
- Md. Raquibul Hasan, Md Asaduzzaman Shobug “Designing of an Off Grid Photovoltaic System for a Residential Building” International Conference on Mechanical, Industrial and Materials Engineering, 2017 (ICMIME2017), 28-30 December, 2017, RUET, Rajshahi, Bangladesh. Paper ID: ET264, http://icmimeruet.ac.bd/2017/DIR/Contents/Technical%20Papers/Energy%20Technology/ET-264.pdf
Conference and Seminar Attended (7)
- 2nd International Conference on Advanced Information and Communication Technology (ICAICT), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2020
- IEEE Region 10 Symposium (TENSYMP), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2020
- Inception Workshop on Introduction and Importance of Quality Assurance in Higher Education, May 2019
- Workshop on MATLAB/Simulink, July 2018
- Seminar on Electric Vehicle, November 2018
- Workshop on PSCAD software learning, October 2017
- Seminar on Intelligent System and Changing Idea into Research Work, December 2017