G.M. Masud Parvez
B.Pharm. & M.Pharm(RU)
Lecturer(On Study Leave)
Department of Pharmacy
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 25
Teaching Experience (3)
- 3. June, 2019 - Present, Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna 6600, Bangladesh.
- 2.March 2019 - June 2019, Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacy, Varendra University, Rajshahi 6204, Bangladesh.Assistant Professor,
- 1. January 2015 - March 2019,Lecturer,Department of Pharmacy, Varendra University, Rajshahi 6204, Bangladesh.
Administrative or Other Experience (3)
- Assistant Proctor, September 2019 - September 2020, Pabna University of Science and Technology.
- Treasurer of Pharma Bee club, Varendra University; January, 2018 - December, 2018.
- Quality Control Executive: August 2014 - January 2015; Eskayef Pharmaceutical Limited, Tongi, Gazipur, Bangladesh.
Research Interests (1)
- Phytochemistry, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Nutrition and Food Science, Pharmacy Practice
External Affiliation (3)
- 4.Registered member of Pharmacy Council of Bangladesh. Registration no: 10611.
- 3. Member of American Society for Microbiology (ASM), membership ID is: 200103910.
- 2. Member of International Society for Development and Sustainability (ISDS) Japan, membership ID is: M172466.
Awards & Recognition (4)
- 4. NST fellowship (National Science & Technology) from Ministry of Education Bangladesh, during thesis work in M.Pharm Examination (2013).
- 3. Exceptional Progress Award from Pharmacy Department, University of Rajshahi (2009).
- 2. Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Jashore Scholarship (2005).
- 1. Gold Medal from Satkhira GOVT High School for extraordinary success in SSC Examination (2005).
Journal Articles (22)
- 22. Kader M, Hasan R, Parvez M, Parvin S. Phytochemical Screening and Antimicrobial Evaluation of Various Fractionates of Ethanolic Extract of Launaea sarmentosa (Willd.), in the Search of Possible Candidates to Multidrug Resistant Microbes. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research 2022; 811-817.
- 21. Das N, Parvin S, Hasan M, Akter M, Hossain S, Parvez M et al. A flavone from the ethyl acetate extract of Leea rubra leaves with DNA damage protection and antineoplastic activity. Biochemistry and Biophysics Reports 30 (2022) 101244.
- 20. Parvez M, Sarker RK. Pharmacological potential of wood apple (Limonia acidissima): A Review. International Journal of Minor Fruits, Medicinal and Aromatic Plants 2021; 7(2): 40- 47.
- 19. Parvez M, Tonu JF, Ara R, Hossain MS, Faruque MU, Khatun R et al. A survey on Nature, Cause and Management of Gastrointestinal disorders. International Journal of Advanced Community Medicine 2021; 4(2): 01-06.
- 18. Parvez M, Tilak CAUS, Zaman P. Utilization of ANC/PNC by the care receivers from community clinic and associated factors of the catchment area Gaibandha district. International Journal of Paediatrics and Geriatrics 2021; 4(1):96-101.
- 17. Parvez M, Hossain S, Akter S, Moniruzzaman, Nur S, Al-Amin et al. Nature, cause & management strategies of respiratory complication in northern regions (Rajshahi) of Bangladesh: A cross-sectional health survey. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2021; 6(3):1-7.
- 16. Hossain S, Parvez M, Rabbani G, Sarkar RK, Tasnim S, Shammi SS et al. Health awareness and practice of the undergraduate students in Pabna University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2020; 9(9): 170-181.
- 15. Parvez M, Hossain S, Murtuza K, Priya SN, Chandra T, Sokhi S et al. A survey of dental disease in outpatients of Rajshahi district, Bangladesh. International Journal of Dental Sciences 2020; 1(3): 18-23.
- 14. Hossain S, Parvez M. Female Reproductive Health: A Scenario of Northern Bangladesh. Pabna University of Science and Technology Studies 2020; 4(1): 23-28.
- 13. Uzzaman S, Akanda KM, Mehjabin S, Parvez M. A short review on a Nutritional Fruit: Guava. Open Access: Toxicology & Research 2018; 1(1):1-8.
- 12. Hossain S, Rashid S, Ranga RA, Amin NT, Sultana R, Farhana J, Jannat AO, Akhter NT, Zahan UF, Mannan A, Islam K, Parvez M. Knowledge, practice and patient behaviour regarding the health issues in Northern region of Bangladesh: a cross sectional study. The Journal of Medical Research 2018; 4(4):186-191.
- 11. Monwar M, Khatun A, Parvez M, Haque E, Naz T, Wahed MII. Clinical Presentation and Treatment Strategies in Patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome in a Tertiary Care General Hospital in Bangladesh. Asian Journal of Medical and Biological Research 2018; 4(1):117-122.
- 10. Parvez M, Sultana R, Akanda KM, Mehjabin S, Mosaddik A. Nature and cause of taking psychotropic drugs: a cross-sectional health survey in northern regions of Bangladesh. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research 2018; 9(1):361-368.
- 9. Parvez M. Current advances in pharmacological activity and toxic effects of various capsicum species. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research 2017; 8(5):1000-1013.
- 8. Begum M, Khanam K, Kumar A, Rahad AJ, Khanam MA, Tuhin MRH, Ahmed SU, Parvez M. A cross-sectional health survey on prostate cancer patients in Bangladesh. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2016; 1(5):19-22.
- 7. Parvez M, Rana MM, Jahan EN, Mosaddik A. Alternation of antimicrobial potential of mango peel and pulp after formalin treatment against six bacteria. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2016; 5(5):158-161.
- 6. Parvez M, Alam MB, Mosaddik A. Evaluation of antioxidant potential of mango after formalin treatment during preservation. International Journal of Phytopharmacy 2016, 6(3):58-63.
- 5. Parvez M, Mosaddik A. Evaluation of anticancer property of mango peel and flesh after formalin treatment. The Journal of Phytopharmacology 2016, 5(3):1-5.
- 4. Parvez M, Mosaddik A. Comparative phytochemical screening of normal and formalin treated mango. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2016, 5(3):114-119.
- 3. Parvez M. Pharmacological Activities of Mango (Mangifera indica): A Review. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2016; 5(3):01-07.
- 2. Biswas M, Roy DN, Rahman M, Islam M, Parvez M, Haque U et al. Doctor’s prescribing trends of antibiotics for out patients in Bangladesh: A cross-sectional health survey conducted in three districts. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research 2015; 6(2):669-675.
- 1. Biswas M, Roy DN, Islam M, Parvez M, Rahman M. Prevalence and nature of handwritten outpatient’s prescription errors in Bangladesh. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2014; 6(5):126-130.
Conference Proceedings (2)
- 2. Parvez M, Akanda KM, Karim R, Mehjabin S, Mou SM, Zahan P, Mosaddik A. Comparative phytochemical screening and antimicrobial evaluation of different varieties of banana (Musa Sapientum). International conference on Material Science & Nano-electrochemistry. Organised by Department of Applied Chemistry, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. (8-9 April 2017)
- 1. Parvez M, Mosaddik A. Toxicological effects of formalin on mango during preservation. International Conference on Biological Sciences: Food, Health and Environmental Perspectives. Organised by Institute of Biological Science, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. (8 August 2015)
Published Book Chapter (1)
- Preedy VR, Watson RR, Parvez M. Bioactive Foods as Dietary Interventions for Arthritis and Related Inflammatory Diseases, second edition. Chapter Title: Foods and Arthritis: An overview. Publisher: Elsevier 2019. ISBN: 978-0-12-813820-5.
Conference and Seminar Attended (1)
- International Conference on Biological Sciences: Food, Health and Environmental Perspectives. Organised by Institute of Biological Science, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. (8 August 2015)