Nitun Kumar Podder
B.Sc Engg. (CSE, PUST), M.Sc Engg. (CSE, KUET)
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 14
- Master of Science in Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering, Khulna University of Engineering & Technology (KUET), Khulna-9203, Bangladesh
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering, Pabna University of Science and Technology (PUST), Pabna-6600, Bangladesh
Teaching Experience (3)
- Lecturer, Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Pabna University of Science and Technology (PUST), Pabna, Bangladesh, From 19 October 2022 to Present
- Research Associate, Bangladesh Institute of Governance and Management (BIGM), Agargoan, Dhaka, From 08 May 2022 to 18 October 2022
- Lecturer, Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Z. H. Sikder University of Science and Technology (ZHSUST), Shariatpur, Bangladesh, From 01 December 2019 to 07 May 2022
Research Interests (4)
- Deep Learning
- Machine Learning
- Computational Biology
External Affiliation (1)
- Associate Member, Bangladesh Computer Society (BCC). AM-14544
Awards & Recognition (2)
- IEEE Best Paper Award in International Conference on Recent Progresses in Science, Engineering and Technology (ICRPSET) 2022. Paper Title: Identification of Influential Genes and Comorbidities of Colorectal Cancer.
- University Dean’s Award University Merit Scholarship. Merit Scholarship in Class Eight. Merit Scholarship in Class Five (Talent-pool) Under Faridpur Zone.
Journal Articles (4)
- N. K. Podder, A. K. Puza, H. K. Rana, M. A. Rahim, R. Shamsuddin, M. H. Rahman, M. A. Moni, “Interplay of machine learning and bioinformatics approaches to identify genetic biomarkers that affect survival of patients with cancer,” Information Science, 2023, Publisher: Elsevier
- Shudeb Babu Sen Omit, Salma Akhter, Humayan Kabir Rana, A. R. M. Mahamudul Hasan Rana, Nitun Kumar Podder, Mahmudul Islam Rakib, Ashadun Nobi, "Identification of Comorbidities, Genomic Associations, and Molecular Mechanisms for COVID-19 Using Bioinformatics Approaches", BioMed Research International, vol. 2023, Article ID 6996307, 24 pages, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1155/2023/6996307, Publisher: Hindawi
- Joy Dip Barua, Shudeb Babu Sen Omit, Humayan Kabir Rana, Nitun Kumar Podder, Utpala Nanda Chowdhury, Md Habibur Rahman, "Bioinformatics and System Biological Approaches for the Identification of Genetic Risk Factors in the Progression of Cardiovascular Disease", Cardiovascular Therapeutics, vol. 2022, Article ID 9034996, 14 pages, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1155/2022/9034996 Publisher: Wiley & Hindawi
- Nitun Kumar Podder, Humayan Kabir Rana, Md. Shafiul Azam, Md. Shohel Rana, Mst. Rashida Akhtar, Md Rezanur Rahman, Md Habibur Rahman, Mohammad Ali Moni, "A system biological approach to investigate the genetic profiling and comorbidities of type 2 diabetes", Gene Reports, Volume 21, 2020, 100830, ISSN 2452-0144, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.genrep.2020.100830, (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2452014420302442) Publisher: Elsevier
Conference Proceedings (8)
- M. S. Rana, N. K. Podder, H. K. Rana, M. I. Hasan, M. S. Azam, MA Rahim, SM H. S. Iqbal, S. Saha, "Identification of Genomic Associations Between Parkinson's and Neurodegenerative Diseases Using Bioinformatics Models," 2023 International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Engineering (ECCE), Chittagong, Bangladesh, 2023, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/ECCE57851.2023.10101597.
- N. K. Podder, A. K. Puza, H. K. Rana, B. C. Podder, M. H. Sumon, N. J Rinvi, M. A. Rahim and P. C. Shill, "Identification of Influential Genes and Comorbidities of Colorectal Cancer," 2022 International Conference on Recent Progresses in Science, Engineering and Technology (ICRPSET) 2022. IEEE
- M. Imam Hasan, S. Nahar, B. Roy, H. Kabir Rana, N. Kumar Podder and S. Babu Sen Omit, "Identification of Influential Genes for Lung Cancer Using Machine Learning Approaches," 2022 4th International Conference on Sustainable Technologies for Industry 4.0 (STI), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2022, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/STI56238.2022.10103239.
- B. Roy, S. Nahar, M. I. Hasan, H. Kabir Rana, N. K. Podder and S. Babu Sen Omit, "Identification of Influential Genes for Colorectal Cancer Using Machine Learning Approaches," 2022 4th International Conference on Sustainable Technologies for Industry 4.0 (STI), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2022, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/STI56238.2022.10103273.
- N. K. Podder et al., "Network-based Approach to Identify Pathways and Macromolecule Interactions that Mediate Influences of COVID-19 on the Progression of Respiratory System Diseases," 2022 International Conference on Advancement in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (ICAEEE), Gazipur, Bangladesh, 2022, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/ICAEEE54957.2022.9836408. Publisher: IEEE
- N. K. Podder et al., "A Bioinformatics Approach to Identify the Influences of Diabetes on the Progression of Cancers," 2022 International Conference on Advancement in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (ICAEEE), Gazipur, Bangladesh, 2022, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/ICAEEE54957.2022.9836409. Publisher: IEEE
- N. K. Podder, P. C. Shill, H. K. Rana, S. B. S. Omit, M. M. H. Al Shahriar and M. S. Azam, "Genetic Effects of Covid 19 on the Development of Neurodegenerative Diseases," 2021 5th International Conference on Electrical Information and Communication Technology (EICT), Khulna, Bangladesh, 2021, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/EICT54103.2021.9733698. Publisher: IEEE.
- R. Datta, N. K. Podder, H. K. Rana, M. K. B. Islam and M. A. Moni, "Bioinformatics approach to analyze gene expression profile and comorbidities of gastric cancer," 2020 23rd International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT), DHAKA, Bangladesh, 2020, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/ICCIT51783.2020.9392587. Publisher: IEEE
Published Book Chapter (2)
- Podder, N.K., Shill, P.C. (2023). Statistical and Bioinformatics Model to Identify the Influential Genes and Comorbidities of Glioblastoma. In: Satu, M.S., Moni, M.A., Kaiser, M.S., Arefin, M.S. (eds) Machine Intelligence and Emerging Technologies. MIET 2022. Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, vol 491. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-34622-4_60, Publisher: Springer
- Molla, M.M.I., Jui, J.J., Rana, H.K., Podder, N. . (2023). Machine Learning Algorithms for the Prediction of Prostate Cancer. In: Ahmad, M., Uddin, M.S., Jang, Y.M. (eds) Proceedings of International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Development. Studies in Autonomic, Data-driven and Industrial Computing. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-7528-8_37, Publisher: Springer
Conducted Courses (6)
- Design Pattern and Java Programming
- Operating Systems
- Theory of Computation
- Structured Programming Language
- Fundamentals of Computer
- Object Oriented Programming