Md. Sanowar Hossain
B. Pharm. & M. Pharm (RU)
Assistant Professor (On Study Leave)
Department of Pharmacy
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 15
- 2011: Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) Department of Pharmacy, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
- 2012 : Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm.; Thesis Group) Department of Pharmacy, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
Teaching Experience (4)
- January, 2015- March, 2019: Lecturer Department of Pharmacy, Varendra University, Bangladesh
- March 2019- June, 2019: Assistant Professor Department of Pharmacy, Varendra University, Bangladesh
- June, 2019- June, 2021:Lecturer Department of Pharmacy, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh.
- June, 2021 - Present: Assistant Professor Department of Pharmacy, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh.
Administrative or Other Experience (1)
- April 2014 -January 2015: Product Executive, Product Management Department, ACI Pharmaceuticals Limited, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Previous Research Project (7)
- Health and social status of elderly in northern region of Bangladesh.
- Knowledge, practice & patient behavior regarding the health issues in northern region of Bangladesh: a cross sectional study.
- Female reproductive health: a scenario of northern Bangladesh.
- Tendency of self medication among the common people of northern region of Bangladesh and the effect of Covid-19 on it
- Prevalence of the symptoms and awareness of the common people regarding neurodegenerative diseases (dementia and Alzheimer's disease) in northern region of Bangladesh.
- General perception, practice and health awareness of the common people regarding covid-19 pandemic in Bangladesh.
- Health awareness and practice of the undergraduate students in Pabna University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh.
Awards & Recognition (1)
- Research excellence award 2022 from Pabna University of Science and Technology.
Journal Articles (13)
- Sanowar Hossain, Muhammad Yousaf, Yang Liu, Dennis Chang and Xian Zhou. An overview of the evidence and mechanism of drug-herb interactions between propolis and pharmaceutical drugs. Frontiers in Pharmacology; 13: 876183 (2022). https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2022.876183
- Nibedita Das, Shahnaj Parvin, Mahadi Hasan, Masuma Akter, Md Sanowar Hossain, Md. Masud Parvez, Asish Kumar Sarkar, Md. Aziz Abdur Rahman, Al Mamun and Ekramul Islam*. A flavone from the ethyl acetate extract of Leea rubra leaves with DNA damage protection and antineoplastic activity. Biochemistry and Biophysics Reports. 30 (2022) 101244. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbrep.2022.101244
- Sanowar Hossain, Shahnaj Parvin, Sanjay Dutta, Khairul Islam, Monika Rani Saha and Ekramul Islam. 'Evaluation of antimicrobial activities of methanolic extract and fractions of Ficus hispida Linn. Fruits'. International Journal of Phytopharmacology; 5(5), 390-393 (2014).
- Sanowar Hossain, Shahnaj Parvin, Sanjay Dutta, M. S. I. Mahbub and Ekramul Islam. Studies on in vitro antioxidant activity of methanolic extract and fractions of Ficus hispida Lin. fruits. Journal of Scientific Research. 8 (3), 371-380 (2016).
- Sanowar Hossain, Samaun Rashid, Radwanul Akbar Ranga, Nuzhat Tasnim Amin, Rabaka Sultana, Jannatul Farhana, Anjira Ohomina Jannat, Nishat Tasnim Akhter, Umme Farzana Zahan, Abdul Mannan, Khairul Islam and G.M. Masud Parvez. Knowledge, practice & patient behavior regarding the health issues in northern region of Bangladesh: a cross sectional study. The Journal of Medical Research. 4(4) 186-191 (2018).
- Sanowar Hossain, Shahnaj Parvin, Sanjay Dutta and Ekramul Islam. Lipid lowering and antioxidant activities of methanolic extract of Ficus hispida Linn. fruits in cholesterol fed rats. Journal of Scientific Research. 10 (3)303-314 (2018).
- GM Masud Parvez*, Md. Sanowar Hossain, Khhalekatun Murtuza, Sumsun Nahar Priya, Tagar Chandra, Sadia Sokhi, Rifa Sanzida, Madon Kumar, Hafiza khatun, Md Nazmul Islam, Md Arafatuzzaman, Md Mahee Anam, Rohima Khatun, Md Alamgir Hossain. A survey of dental disease in outpatients of Rajshahi district, Bangladesh. International Journal of Dental Sciences. 2(3), 18-23 (2020).
- Sanowar Hossain* and G.M. Masud Parvez. Female reproductive health: a scenario of northern Bangladesh. Pabna University of Science and Technology Studies. 4(2), 1-6 (2020).
- Md. Sanowar Hossain*, G.M. Masud Parvez, Md. Golam Rabbani, Ranjan Kumar Sarkar, Sadia Tasnim, Sadia Sultana Shammi, Farjana Yesmin, Nirupama Thandar, Adity Roy, Sheuli Khatun, Shaila Sharmin, Shahira Sultana, Ashique-Ur-Rahman, Sk. Tanshia Taznin and Fatema Tuz Zahura. Health Awareness and Practice of the Undergraduate Students in Pabna University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 9(9), 170-181 (2020).
- Md. Sanowar Hossain*, Md. Momit Hasan, Raihan Ahmed, Mina Khanom, Md. Alamin and Md. Towhidul Islam. General Perception, Practice and Health Awareness of the Common People Regarding Covid-19 Pandemic in Bangladesh. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Research. 19(2), 238-252 (2020).
- Sanjay Dutta, Sanowar Hossain, Ekramul Islam, Uzzal Haque and Shahnaj Parvin. Assessment of Antioxidant and Anti inflammatory Activities of Stem Bark of Bauhinia acuminata Linn. Biomedical Journal of Scientific & Technical Research; 24(5), 18517-18527 (2020).
- GM Masud Parvez, Sanowar Hossain, Sabiha Akter, Moniruzzaman, Shahriar Nur, Al-Amin, Razia Sultana, Ashik Mosaddik. Nature, cause & management strategies of respiratory complication in northern regions (Rajshahi) of Bangladesh: A cross-sectional health survey. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences; 6(3), 1-7 (2021).
- Nibedita Das, Sanowar Hossain, Jaytirmoy Barmon, Shahnaj Parvin, Mahadi Hasan, Masuma Akter, and Ekramul Islam. Evaluation of Leea rubra leaf extract for oxidative damage protection and antitumor and antimicrobial potential. Journal of Tropical Medicine; Vol- 2021, Article ID: 7239291, https://doi.org/10.1155/2021/7239291. (2021).
Conference Proceedings (2)
- Knowledge and practice on health issue in the northern region of Bangladesh: A cross sectional health study. Translational research in biochemistry for better life and sustainable development. Organized by Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Rajshahi; 4 September, 2018.
- Health status of elderly in the northern region of Bangladesh. Translational research in biochemistry for better life and sustainable development. Organized by Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Rajshahi; 4 September, 2018.
Conducted Courses (23)
- MPH 6208 Thesis (Part-II)
- MPH 6109 Thesis (Part-I)
- MPH 6206L Advanced Pharmacology and Pharmacovigilance Lab
- MPH 6205 Advanced Pharmacology and Pharmacovigilance
- BPH 5206 Hospital Training
- BPH 5202 L Pharmacology-IV Lab
- BPH 5201 Pharmacology-IV
- BPH 5109 Project and Dissertation
- BPH 5108 Pharmacy Practice-II
- BPH 4210 In - Plant Training
- BPH 4206 L Cosmetology Lab
- BPH 4205 Cosmetology
- BPH 4104 L Pharmaceutical Technology-III Lab
- BPH 4103 Pharmaceutical Technology-III
- BPH 3206 Pharmaceutical Engineering-II
- BPH 3204 L Pharmacology-II Lab
- BPH 3203 Pharmacology-II
- BPH 3109 L Biopharmaceutics-I Lab
- BPH 3108 Biopharmaceutics-I
- BPH 2109 Computer Application in Pharmacy
- BPH 1108 Pharmaceutical Microbiology & Immunology –I
- BPH 1107 L Pharmacognosy–I Lab
- BPH 1106 Pharmacognosy–I
Graduate Supervision (2)
- In vitro evaluation of antioxidant property of some commonly used chewing sticks and their activity against some resistant bacteria having effects on oral hygiene.
- Investigation of novel anti-infective compounds against some resistant microorganism from some traditionally used medicinal plants of Bangladesh.