Md. Tawhidul Islam
M.Phil (Institute of Bangladesh Studies, RU) & M.S.S (Thesis), B.S.S (Hons.) in Economics (SUST)
Assistant Professor (On Study Leave)
Department of Economics
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 6
- Ph.D. (Ongoing), Kochi University of Technology (KUT), Japan.
- M.Phil from the Institute of Bangladesh Studies (IBS), University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh, October 2021.
- M.S.S. (Thesis) in Economics, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST), Bangladesh, December 2010.
- B.S.S. (Honours) in Economics, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST), Bangladesh, July 2009.
Teaching Experience (2)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, Pabna University of Science and Technology (PUST), Pabna. Duration: October 02, 2013 - Present
- Lecturer, Department of Economics, Pabna University of Science and Technology (PUST), Pabna. Duration: September 11, 2011 - October 01, 2013
Administrative or Other Experience (1)
- Assistant Proctor, Proctor Office, Pabna University of Science and Technology (PUST), Period: January 2012 - December 2014
Journal Articles (4)
- Islam, M. T., Hossain, M. E. & Baki, C. A. A. (2022). Life Cycle Costs Comparison between Solar, Diesel and Grid Electricity Powered Small Irrigation Pumps: Evidence from Northern Bangladesh. Journal of Sustainability Science and Management, 17 (10), 88-97. http://doi.org/10.46754/jssm.2022.10.007. SCOPUS.
- Islam, M. T., & Hossain, M. E. (2022). Economic Feasibility of Solar Irrigation Pumps: A Study of Northern Bangladesh. International Journal of Renewable Energy Development, 11(1), 1-13. . https://doi.org/10.14710/ijred.2022.38469. SCOPUS.
- Ahmed, R., Islam, M. T & Al-Amin, M. (2013). The Effects of Market, Diversification Activities on Bangladesh RMG Export. International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 938-948. ISSN: 2146-4138. SCOPUS.
- Chakrabarty, S., & Islam, M. T. (2011). Financial viability and eco-efficiency of the solar home system (SHS) in Bangladesh. Energy, Vol. 36, No. 8, pp. 4821-27. doi:10.1016/j.energy.2011.05.016. ISSN: 0360-5442. Elsevier Publ. SCOPUS.
Conference Proceedings (2)
- Islam M. T. and Hossain M. E. (2021). Economic Analysis of Solar Irrigation Pumps: Evidence from Northern Region of Bangladesh. 13th World Congress of the Regional Science Association International (RSAI).
- Islam M. T. and Chakrabarty S. (2011). Economic Viability of Solar Photovoltaic System in Rural Bangladesh. National Conference on Contemporary Issues in Economics (NCCIE) 2011, SUST, Bangladesh.
Conducted Courses (10)
- Advanced Econometrics (ECON-5104)
- Research Methodology (ECON-4102)
- Econometrics-II (ECON-3202)
- Econometrics-I (ECON-3102)
- Advanced Mathematics (ECON-2205)
- Statistics for Economics-II (ECON-2202)
- Development Economics-II (ECON-2202)
- Public Finance (ECON -2104)
- Mathematics for Economics-II (ECON-2102)
- Macroeconomics-I (ECON-1202)
Graduate Supervision (6)
- M.S.S Thesis Supervision: Jhannatul Maua, Roll no.150806 and Sarmin Akter, Roll no. 150818 (Session 2018-19). (Ongoing)
- B.S.S (Hons.) Project Supervision: Md. Najmul Haque, Roll no.160846; Md. Anarul Islam, Roll no. 160838 (Session 2015-16). Year: 2022 (Completed)
- B.S.S (Hons.) Project Supervision: Roksana Khatun, Roll no.160830; Md. Saidujjaman, Roll no. 160825 (Session 2015-16). Year: 2022 (Completed)
- B.S.S (Hons.) Project Supervision: Jhannatul Maua, Roll no.150806; Sarmin Akter, Roll no. 150818 (Session 2014-15). Year: 2020 (Completed)
- B.S.S (Hons.) Project Supervision: Zannatul Ferdous, Roll no.130825; Imran Nazir, Roll no.130843 (Session 2012-13). Year: 2018 (Completed)
- B.S.S (Hons.) Project Supervision: Sunita Rani Das, Roll no.130836; Md. Juel Rana, Roll no.130822 (Session 2012-13). Year: 2018 (Completed)